Friday, September 12, 2008

Labor Day at Great Grandpa's House!

My Grandpa lives in a retirement community where everyone's mode of transportation around the community is a golf cart. My grandpa is fortunate enough to own a bike too! (For the record, they do drive cars when they go out.) Christy and I had a lot of fun parading around the neighborhood like two teenagers who don't have a driver's license. My grandpa drove us (in the golf cart) to watch the hot air balloons take off. This is part of a festival that takes place near my grandpa's home.
I am wearing my Grandpa's hat that was on the back seat of his car. He drove us to the entrance of the festival so we wouldn't have to pay the outrageous parking fees. He even picked us up when we called!

Every year we all get together and watch the fireworks! Here is the entire family snacking on popcorn waiting for the show!

We had the perfect view of the fireworks from their driveway. What is usually a quiet peaceful retirement community became the hopping place to be. Driveways were full of children and grandchildren cheering at the awesome display of lights.

No comments: